We are currently seeking a Senior Auditor for our Erie office. Successful candidates will enjoy minimal out of town travel and great work-life balance. Maher Duessel offers quality experience working with well known clients, as well as a competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting with sufficient coursework to become a licensed CPA
- Minimum 2+ years of recent public accounting experience
- Government and non-profit audit experience preferred
- CPA strongly preferred
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent project management skills
- A strong dedication to teamwork and leadership
- Ability to supervise and train staff levels
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Develop people through effectively delegating tasks and providing guidance to staff. Provide performance feedback and training, and conduct performance reviews.
- Foster an efficient, innovative, and team-oriented work environment.
- Use technology to continually learn, share knowledge with team members, and enhance service delivery.
- Direct fieldwork daily, inform supervisors of the engagement status, and plan, coordinate, and supervise the various phases of an audit engagement.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel and assess clients' satisfaction. Proactively maintain contact with the client throughout the year.
- Adapt the audit approach to the changing client environment.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of complex accounting and auditing concepts and apply them to client situations.
- Understand the client’s financial reporting requirements, prepare client financial statements and other required reports, and meet deadlines provided by the client and firm supervisors.
- Identify operational improvements for suggestion to clients.
- Identify risks or issues that should be brought to the attention of the
Audit Supervisor, Manager or Partner.
- Begin reviewing Staff working papers, ensuring compliance with professional standards and firm policy.
- Begin acquiring public speaking and presentation skills.
- Manage overtime effectively to complete assigned tasks through assistance of audit team.
About our Firm:
Maher Duessel was founded in 1989 to provide high-caliber auditing services to clients in the governmental and non-profit sectors, and our passion and commitment has led Maher Duessel to become a leading regional accounting firm. With offices in Pittsburgh, Butler, Harrisburg, State College, Erie and Lancaster, we have the largest staff dedicated solely to governmental, non-profit, and Single Audit issues in Pennsylvania. In 2014, the firm was ranked as one of the Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania by the Central Penn Business Times and by Best Places Group.
Maher Duessel provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. We comply with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.