We are currently seeking a Manager for our Harrisburg office. Successful candidates will enjoy minimal out of town travel and great work-life balance. Maher Duessel offers quality experience working with well known clients, as well as a competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Passed the CPA exam and obtained certification
- Has demonstrated a high degree of technical knowledge
- Exhibited an emphasis on communication and networking
- Demonstrated strong time-management skills
- Minimum of 5 years of public accounting experience
- Develop people by encouraging individuals to think for themselves and take responsibility for their contributions to the team. Delegate work successfully.
- Provide performance feedback/training. Lead by example.
- Supervise several low-to-moderate complexity engagements at one time, managing time and resources of all staff assigned to the related engagements.
- Identify/communicate trends and developments relevant to the government and non-profit industries. Demonstrate a deep understanding of the government and non-profit industries.
- Maintain cooperative relationships with other engagement teams.
- Understand Maher Duessel and its service lines and actively assess/present ways to apply knowledge and services. Develop long-term relationships and networks both internally and externally.
- Participate in performing audit procedures related to complex and/or specialized issues.
- Collaborate to plan engagement objectives and an audit strategy that complies with professional standards and appropriately addresses risk. Schedule personnel and identify opportunities to improve efficiencies.
- Use technology to continually learn, share knowledge with team members, and enhance service delivery.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with client management throughout the year.
- Review and evaluate audit working papers, financial statements, and other reports, ensuring compliance with professional standards and firm policy.
- Understand the scope of the engagement and provide input on client retention and fee structure.
- Monitor engagement progress to ensure scope of engagement has not been exceeded and that additional services are identified and billed as necessary. Control the billing of engagement fees by developing and adhering to a billing plan.
- Participate in the presentation of client financial statements and audit results to the client’s board of directors.
- Actively participate in the Firm’s business development efforts. Positively represent the Firm at business and community functions and maintain current, acquire new, and expand existing client relationships.
- Represent the firm through involvement in professional, recruiting, charitable and/or civic events and organizations.
- Promote the firm’s reputation through participation and presentation at conferences and seminars.
About our Firm:
Maher Duessel was founded in 1989 to provide high-caliber auditing services to clients in the governmental and non-profit sectors, and our passion and commitment has led Maher Duessel to become a leading regional accounting firm. With offices in Pittsburgh, Butler, Harrisburg, State College, Erie and Lancaster, we have the largest staff dedicated solely to governmental, non-profit, and Single Audit issues in Pennsylvania. Our mission statement, Pursuing the Profession While Promoting the Public Good®, reflects our philosophy of providing expert technical services that help our clients create a better community. The firm was recognized in 2017 by the Central Penn Business Journal as one of the Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania and named one of the Fastest Growing Companies by the Pittsburgh Business Times.
Maher Duessel provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. We comply with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.